About Me

My photo
My name is Autumn. I was born on Earth in the year 3012. When I was eleven years old, my parents disappeared - forcing me and my little brother Ben (but I call him Scrub) across the galaxy to Allied-IV to live with my Grandparents. My best friend Frankie, is a ghost, which has made life both interesting and difficult. I'm happy to have my grandparents - Papa Ralph and Gramma Bea - but I have never given up hope that one day I will find my parents and this nightmare will be over. This is my story...or at least part of it.

Friday, May 18, 2012

The journey is amazing!

Begin with the end in mind...

I have never embraced that kind of logic. To me that means you settle, you stop, you quit. I say begin as if there is no end! Let your energy, your imagination, the muse within, even the demons that haunt you, shape the path forward.


GOOD MORNING!
I've been working quite a bit on several pieces of Autumn's universe (ok, technically it's the same universe, but you know I mean) - and I am happy to say that the evil Scriptoris Scandalum has been driven in to hiding, and the adventure for Autumn and her friends is just heating up!
And EVOLVING!
When I started writing the first book I had planned for Autumn's story to be contained in an concise yet action packed trilogy. After writing the epilogue I have come to the realization ( and in sticking to my philosophy above), that Autumn's life, her story, has blossomed and grown organically – and will not, no cannot be contained in one three book series. So I wanted to throw a few ideas out there (what are blogs for right?) and get your opinion.

First and foremost I see Destiny's Shadow: An Autumn Snow Adventure - Book One as more of a first chapter of a three chapter adventure. For Destiny's Shadow to be the overarching title of this specific three-book adventure (which will also be collected in to one hardcover Autumn Snow Adventure containing books one, two and three. Once the Destiny’s Shadow has come to a close, the next chapter in Autumn's life begins (and so does another trilogy - once you read the epilogue you will understand).

A lot of people gave the great George Lucas a hard time when he went back and made the special editions of arguably one of the greatest movie franchises of all time. I completely understand why he did it (Mr. Lucas - thank you for the inspiration by the way!). With that said, Book One is undergoing that same treatment...it is being finished. If you enjoyed Book One already, you will love the added pieces to the puzzle! (I'll post a few tidbits on here, twitter, Goodreads, or Facebook - just to keep you on your toes) Here's another idea I wanted to throw out there: two words - graphic novel. What if we did a slight course adjustment and told Autumn’s stories through graphic novels? Nothing in the story would change. Moreover, you would be able to see, to watch, Autumn's adventure unfold right before your eyes. Her story and the future she lives in could be a natural fit for that medium...thought, comments, suggestions. I'm all ears (and if you saw one of my baby pictures you'd realize that's not an exaggeration).

Alright, I think I've rambled on enough for today. Packed sunny weekend ahead. See you all on the other side!
Damon

No comments:

Post a Comment